Volumetric lighting

I discovered an aspect that I would like to incorporate into my virtual room when I was playing the new Resident Evil Demo. I found that when a light shone through a window into the dusty house it created light rays that were visible to the player.

example of volumetric light

Volumetric Light will add immersion and depth to a scene as it adds real world physic based properties.

Example of Resident Evil Biohazard

The image above highlights the volumetric light from Resident evil that I thought it had been done really well.

Science Fiction use’s lots of ambient light as it is an interesting way of creating a unique and also visually pleasing scene.  The image below highlight a few examples where Volumetric Light being is being used within a similar design style:

I plan on using Volumetric light to create an atmosphere that is engaging to look at and is responsive to the environment around it. Volumetric Light can also be used on computer screens so that they project light back into the room. I think by ambient lighting it will give my project an added extra that will take my project to a professional standard.