Lighting Pitch feedback

I pitched my Initial proposal today to my tutors and class. The pitch went down better than I expected. I also received valuable constructive feedback on ways  I could improve my proposal.

The main points of feedback that I received were that my project needed a narrative or a purpose as to why the player was in the room. Someone suggested that the playable character is the antagonist himself and that the character has suffered amnesia and is piecing together his parts of his life through interacting with various items in the room.

I find this method of approach to be very interesting as it is a modern take on the typical text is written as character biographies.

joker
Joker Character Bio (Batman games)
brick
Brick Character Bio (Borderlands)
final fantasy
Squall Character Bio (Final Fantasy series)

Most video games feature a block of text as a means of providing characters with a backstory. Personally, I think a virtual space that can be interacted with is a much more engaging way of providing backstory for fictional characters. I feel that character bio’s and backstories help a game develop and further engage the users into the narrative.