Initial Proposal influence

I was drawn towards video gaming this semester as I currently have a keen interest in this area and would like to learn more about the industry for the potential to work in said industry. I began by looking into Resident Evils 7’s demo they released and found a couple of stills from the game, that I would use to build my idea.

The reason I decided to choose this demo was because I like the fact that it is a virtual space with its high attention to detail that makes it an interesting environment to have a look around. In addition to this, I like how the light reacts with its environment. For example, in the images, it shows the paths of light cutting through the dust and dirt in the air. Giving the environment a cinematic feel.

Stills from Resident Evil 7’s Demo: 

Resident evil photos Resident evil 7 resev7 re7-bigger-pic-625x347 maxresdefault 3079141-beginning_hour_006_1465868661

I don’t want to follow the abandoned house theme as I feel that this has been overdone to many times and has become too much of a cliche. In addition in keeping with media project 1, I plan on continuing the Sci-fi genre into this semester’s project. As this way, I am able to follow the whole production cycle right to the end outcome.

Another reason why this is an interesting project to undertake is the ability to create a virtual space that people can look round.